The 2nd Art Thessaloniki International Contemporary Art Fair to be held from 23 to 26 November
With an international character and featuring 300 artists from 30 galleries, representing 10 countries, the 2nd Art Thessaloniki Fair will welcome visitors at Thessaloniki International Exhibition Centre from 23 to 26 November 2017.
Following last year’s successful 1st Art Thessaloniki Fair and the vote of confidence of over 12,000 visitors from 22 countries, the 2nd Art Thessaloniki Fair housed in Pavilions 8, 9 and 10 is raising the bar even higher, hosting 6 museum exhibitions among its many events.
The Fair is being organised by TIF-Helexpo and the artistic director of Art Thessaloniki Fair, Mr Pantelis Tsatsis.
The programme of side events at the 2nd Art Thessaloniki Fair includes:
- Honoured Artists: Costas Tsoklis from Greece and Wolf Vostell from Germany, curated by Sania Papa. -
- The museum exhibitions of Theodoros Stamos (Zacharias Portolakis collection), curated by Manos Stefanidis. -
- Balance Exercises: Planning and concretization. The inevitable indeterminacy or, the readjustment of origin, curated by Emmanuel Mavrommatis, Emeritus Professor of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. -
- International Contemporary Engraving, from the collection of Giorgos Kitis, curated by Sania Papa. -
- The exhibition-tribute to Stavros Ioannou (Giorgos Kostopoulos collection), curated by Manos Stefanidis. -
- In the context of the Greek - Chinese project, a joint painting exhibition by Demosthenes Davvetas from Greece and Liang Yi form China, on the dialogue between Hellenism and Buddhism, will take place at the Open Art Lab. -
- The participation of the Industrial Design Workshop of the School of Visual & Applied Arts of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, curated by Assistant Professor Giorgos Liamadis. -
- The tributes to Yiannis Fokas and Michalis Manoussakis, Professors at the School of Fine Arts. -
- The Virtual Reality Project.
The 2nd Art Thessaloniki International Contemporary Art Fair is held under the auspices of the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Interior (Macedonia-Thrace), the Region of Central Macedonia, the City of Thessaloniki and numerous city agencies.