Symbolic elements in the works of Lafcadio Hearn, Yannis Fikas Professor of Philosophy, Friday 23 November at 18:00, Art Thessaloniki Talks
Yannis Fikas is Director of Corporate Relations & Cooperative Education and Professor of Philosophy at New York College. He was Executive Director for Learning Technologies at the American College of Greece from 1995 to 2011.
He was a visiting Professor of Renaissance Philosophy in the Master Programme in Philosophy of the University of Athens from 2001 to 2008 and Professor of Pre-Socratic philosophy at State University of New York/ Empire State College, 2012-2017.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Patras and a Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of Athens.
He is the author of seven books with philosophical and anthropological content:
1. The City in time and space, Art, Philosophy, Politics, Athens, M. Sideris, 2018.
2. Philosophy & Leadership, Athens, M. Sideris, 2017.
3. World, City and Man, Philosophical texts, Athens, Nikas, 2016.
4. Giordano Bruno, His Place in the History of Philosophy and Ideas, Athens, Nikas, May 2012.
5. Paths of Art and Wisdom, Athens, Nikas, December 2010.
6. Art and Culture of Ancient World, Athens, Karakotsoglou, June 2005.
7. Myths and Communications, Athens, Nikas, February 2003.
8. Giordano Bruno, His Place in the History of Philosophy and Ideas, Athens, Ellinika Grammata, April 2000.