The 2nd Art Thessaloniki International Contemporary Art Fair to be held from 23 to 26 November
This year's 2nd Art Thessaloniki Fair, to be held from 23 to 26 November at Thessaloniki International Exhibition Centre, will become established on the international art scene.
The 2nd Art Thessaloniki Fair will feature 300 artists from 30 galleries, hailing from 10 countries, as well as 5 museum exhibitions.
The Fair is being organised by TIF-Helexpo and the artistic director of the event, Mr Pantelis Tsatsis.
“We are establishing a major event that concerns art, an event that we as a city truly need, and event that will boldly place us on the map of art events. We want the Fair to become even more international”, stressed the President of TIF-Helexpo, Mr Tassos Tzikas, during an event for the presentation of the Fair to city agencies, held a few days ago at the Macedonian Museum of Contemporary Art of Thessaloniki.
In turn, the artistic director of the Fair, Mr Pantelis Tsatsis, presented the main features of this year’s event:
Honored Artists: Costas Tsoklis from Greece and Wolf Vostell from Germany, curated by Sania Papa.
- The museum exhibitions of Theodoros Stamos from the Z.P. collection, curated by Manos Stefanidis.
- Balance Exercises: Planning and concretization. The inevitable or readjustment of the origin, curated by Emmanuel Mavrommatis, Emeritus Professor of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- International Contemporary Engraving, from the collection of Giorgos Kitis, curated by Sania Papa.
- The exhibition-tribute to Stavros Ioannou, from the collection of Giorgos Kostopoulos, curated by Manos Stefanidis.
- In the context of the Greek - Chinese project, a joint painting exhibition by Demosthenes Davvetas from Greece and Liang Yi form China, on the dialogue between Hellenism and Buddhism, will take place at the Open Art Lab.
- The participation of the Industrial Design Workshop of the School of Visual & Applied Arts of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, curated by Assistant Professor Giorgos Liamadis.
The 2nd Art Thessaloniki International Contemporary Art Fair is held under the auspices of the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Interior (Macedonia-Thrace), the Region of Central Macedonia, the City of Thessaloniki and numerous city agEncies.
For further information, visit www.art-thessaloniki.gr